Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sending Love Tote Bag and flower tutorial

Made this little tote for a gf's birthday in February (yes I know, another birthday!). Not going to say who it is...so she will be somewhat surprised (she reads my blog). I added this flower embellishment that I cased from my gf Jacque. Below is the tutorial for the flower :0).





Flower Tutorial:

Here's what you need:

(2) 12"x1¼ piece of dsp, 1¾ circle punch, paper crimper, scallop edge punch, scissors, glue dots, snail, small piece of coordinating cs and button.

Using the scallop edge punch, punch both 12"x1¼" pieces of dsp.

Run both of those pieces through the paper crimper.

Both pieces should look like this:

Punch out a circle from the cs.

Apply snail or other adhesive over entire circle.

Starting from one edge of the crimped paper, start folding to make flower shape:

Attach to the cs circle like this:

Trim and fold over end to look like this:

Put snail or adhesive on center and inner edge of flower:

Start folding the second piece (I flipped my dsp to give it a contrasting look) and attaching it to first flower. You are now forming the second layer of the flower. Repeat the same technique as used for the lower flower.

Trim off edge and fold under using your snail (or adhesive).

Place a glue dot in the center and attach button and there you go:

Hope this tutorial was helpful. Have a great day and aloha!

23 comments:

kris said...

OMGosh GF!! That is the cutest bag... and that flower is GORGEOUS!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial... will have to try that one day... it's such a beautiful and fancy flower! LOVE it!! hugs, Kris

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

wow way to go love the flower definitely want to try that...TFS the tutorial...you are such a sweet friend....hugs LIann

Jenny said...

Hi Michelle!

This is soooo cute! Thanks for the tutorial!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Very cute... thanks for the tutorial!

Shirley N said...

Hey Michelle, your bag is gorgeous and your flower just added the perfect touch! Awesome tutorial, thanks--gotta try this!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh la la! Luvn this flower, another way to make them. Yes, will try them. :) I'll have to shoot you an email later today with possible name of Shan's baby #2. TFS your creation Michelle!

Tammi said...

Soooo pretty! Love that flower too, thanks for the great tutorial! ~Hugs

Denise said...

January was the month for our household & all the BD's....I LOVE this very pretty creation,love the pretty paper. Thanks for the tutorial.
I will give it a try...wish me luck! LOL
Hugs,
Denise

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing the tutorial :)

Paola said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial for the flower. Great tote.

Lauri said...

This is the cutest bag and THANK YOU for the tutorial!!! Love the flower!!

Cyndi said...

thanks for the tutorial. love the bag!

Cami said...

Very pretty gift bag, Michelle! The lucky gal will definitely love this! And thanks for the flower tutorial! I tried but it just doesn't come out nice like yours! Need to practice more. You're so talented!!! Hugs, Cami

joni h said...

W-O-W!! awesome flower & great TUT! I really like this DSP! It goes great with brown!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a pretty bag! Love the color/dp! and thanks so much for sharing this tutorial! It's a beautiful flower! I love the details to it :)

hugs!, margie

Sharon Lei said...

Hi Michelle.. just came across your blog tonight! I love to craft as well.. you're so talented.. fun fun things.. great blog!

I see you also like HK. She's my homegirl. :) I have a little giveaway on my blog if you'd like to enter... take a peek it's open until tomorrow.

http://elisharon.blogspot.com/2010/01/one-hundred-giveaway.html

Take care!!

Smilin' Maui Girl said...

Hello Michelle! Love your Craft Project Central Picnic Basket AND this very cute Sending Love Tote Bag! Sooo creative! You're my idol! :) Stampin' Smiles, Jane

Jacque said...

Love it! Jacque

Joy said...

this is amazing! love the tote and the flower is so pretty! love how you made it and did a tutorial! hopefully you will teach me at your house...hehe! I can't wait! another great creation! you are one talented and creative sister! I am so in awe as you find the time to do so many different and awesome stuff! whew! see you tomorrow...or shall I say later today! lol!

Kyoko said...

Thanks for the tutorial on the flower ... I definitely have to practice since mine came out so gidgy gadga! LOL!

Elena said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial! I want to try it when I get the chance! Love the bag too!

Anonymous said...

I have thick naturally curly hair. I think the smell is too strong & more age appropriate for someone older but finding a product that

has everything good/ideal has been impossible. Quite expensive so if you can get a deal then it's worth it.

Anonymous said...

If you happen to may e-mail me with a number of suggestions on simply
how you made your weblog look this excellent, I'd be grateful.

Check out my site: how to increase chances of getting pregnant