Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Card Swap for upcoming SU Meeting

My SU group has a monthly meeting and we swap cards with each other. The theme this month is new sets in the new SU Catalog. As you can see I used Baja Breeze and a whole lot of embossing, lol!





I embossed the cake using white embossing powder onto Baja Breeze CS and cut it out (the set I used was "For the Bride"). I then cut little pieces of Chocolate Chip paper and added it to the base of each tier. Crystal Effected the Chocolate Chip paper. I embossed the plate using silver Embossing powder. Adhered the cake to the front using some dimensionals to give it some height. Took the 3 flower set from Boho Blossom and stamped the smallest flower and embossed it with silver and added a half pearl to the front. Then I embossed the whole card using one of the new SU texture plates and added a Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, phew! Good thing I only had to make 15 of these....or I would still be making them...lol! As always, enjoy and aloha!

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Michelle...this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Denise said...

Very Beautiful!! Great color combo, elegant looking card.

Cheryl said...

Very stunning Michelle!

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

WOW so beautiful...TFS...

Jodi said...

Wow! So pretty!! Love the colors and details on this card!
Hugs, Jodi =)

Doramiyi said...

Great card. Love the details and the embossing with the texture plates. Thanks for sharing.

doramiyi
doramiyi@gmail.com
-CANADA-

Joy said...

I love this card! this is a great wedding card...are you preparing for Yumi's wedding? lol! well this is so pretty...so detailed yet looks so simple and elegant! hopefully all our stuff came in from J's...will find out today!

Tammy said...

This turned out Great! I love the demension you were able to get out of it...and love the touch of the embossed layer.
Great Job!

Cami said...

Very pretty card, Michelle. Simply elegant.

joni h said...

what a great card! you are the embossing queen! i'm not going to make it to the mtg, but, jane is going to take my swap. sure hope that i get one of your cards!

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle! Cake is super cute. Love the detail.

Fay said...

Beautiful card!

Lacey Stephens said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!
~Lacey

Enjoli said...

Very beautiful Michelle! I love all of the embossing! It is one of my fav techniques. I also love the color combo too! =)

Maureen said...

WOW!! That is just beautiful!!