Friday, September 12, 2008

Small Origami box with matching earrings

My SU group has a monthly meeting where someone coordinates a project. This month it is me. I really wanted to make a bracelet made out of build-a-brads and rhinestones, but for 16+ people, that would be pretty costly. So instead I decided to make earrings and a matching little origami box.



I used the DSP paper in Close to Cocoa for the top and followed the following instructions for the origami box:
Tutorial for Origami Box

The bottom was made out of Pretty in Pink CS that I cut 4"x4" and scored at 1" all the way around. Snipped two side on each side and folded up to make a box bottom. The origami fold on the CS is just too hard and comes out looking a bit funny. I put a strip of Pretty in Pink CS over the top of the box and adhered some Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon.



The earrings were made by using jump rings and hooks that I got at a local craft store. Used the 1/2" circle punch on a scratch piece of coordinating DSP and then attached them all together using some pliers. Really simple, but kind of cute, yeah. Let me know if you would like instructions or have any questions. As for me, wish me good luck tonight on my project with all of the stamping pros, lol. Aloha!

5 comments:

Teri said...

This is awesome! I love the earrings! The girls must've loved this!

Joy said...

good job on the project...did they have fun or was it a task?
I can't wait to see your swaps this time around =)

Ethan Mashimo said...

way cute.

are build a brad's from SU? (sorry, if this a silly question)

tina

stampoint said...

could you please email me instructions on how to make the earrings....they look easy but I am not a beader....do you just hook like 3 jump rings together?
Thanks!
stampoint

Jennifer said...

I would love more information/instructions on how to make these earrings. I'm not a beader either, so the more info, the better! Thanks for the inspiration...can't wait to try this!

jrastampin@yahoo.com