Thursday, August 7, 2008

Birthday card and frame for Grandma



We are going to a 75th birthday party this weekend and her favorite color is purple, so I decided to make her a purple card. The great thing about this particular card was that it was made using almost all scraps. Only the main part of the card was cut from CS, but the rest was all bits and pieces of scraps from my scrap box. Kind of feels like I am sort of being green or something, lol. Used sizzix dies, and my cuttlebug embossing folder for the background. Liked how the lavender lace cs looked with the old olive.



Remember the gift set that I made for my husband's grandmother, well I decided to add on one of these magnetic frames. The frame has an 8x8 opening and the back is all magnetic. This frame is a Creative Memories frame. Kind of a cool concept. Used a couple of rub-ons on the corners and there you go. Tried to keep it a little more simple than usual. Enjoy and aloha!

7 comments:

Marie said...

I REALLY like how the card turn out and the frame looks great! Aloha, Marie.

Joy said...

so cute...so that's the frame you were talking about...cool! You know I check out your website every chance I get...sis!

Jodi said...

This is a nice purple...when I use purple, it's either too light or too dark. I like your frame too!

Sarah Peale said...

What a lucky Grandma! I love it!

Sarah Peale said...

What a lucky Grandma! I love it!

Sarah Peale said...

What a lucky Grandma! I love it!

Sarah Peale said...

What a lucky Grandma! I love it!